After you file your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petition, plan and schedules, you will be required to attend a meeting of creditors set by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. The meeting is an examination under oath conducted by the Trustee.
The Trustee will place you under oath at the meeting and ask you questions about your plan, schedules, assets, debts and other issues related to your case. Your creditors will have an opportunity to ask you questions about your case and financial affairs. While creditors do not attend these meetings often, please do not be surprised if they do attend.
Instructions for Telephonic Meeting of Creditors
You must provide copies of your photo identification and proof of Social Security number to the Trustee prior to the meeting. If you are represented by an attorney, copies must be provided to the Trustee through your attorney. If you are not represented by an attorney, you must provide copies directly to the Trustee. The Trustee will be unable to conduct the meeting without this documentation.
Telephone number for meeting: 1-866-880-5064
Participant Code: 6951575
Preparation for the Call:
- Use a stable telephone line to avoid interruptions and background noise.
- Because each call will have multiple parties, please place your phone on mute and wait until your case is called before speaking.
- When your case is called, please speak loudly into the phone because the meeting is being recorded by the Trustee.
- You should be prepared and have copies of the following documents for examination: plan, petition, schedules, statement of financial affairs, tax returns, documentation of income and any other documents the Trustee indicated in advance that you should have available.
Bankruptcy Documents Account Registration (Pro Se Debtors Only)
The Trustee’s office uses an online service provided by bkdocs.us as a method for pro se filers, (someone who represents himself or herself without an attorney) to securely upload ID verification documents to the Trustee. If you are represented by an attorney, you must provide your documents to your attorney and not the Trustee. The instructions below only apply to debtors that are not represented by an attorney.
Register for a filer account at bkdocs.us by visiting:
- Enter your email address and click Register.
- You will receive an email at the address provided which you will use to finish setting up your account.
- On the Registration Details page, please complete the form as follows:
- Account Type: Debtor
- Enter your First Name, Last Name and Address as it appears on your petition. Please complete any other required fields.
- Enter a password and click Update.
- You will then be prompted to Request Trustee Access. Please click Request Trustee Access.
After clicking Request Trustee Access, you will be presented with a long list of Trustees. Please Scroll down and find Jason Wilson-Aguilar and click Request.
You must wait for the Trustee’s office to review your request, which may take up to 1 business day. Once approved, you will receive an email from bkdocs.us informing you that your account has been approved. You will not be able to upload documents until you have been notified that your account has been approved.
Bankruptcy Documents Uploading Documents (Pro Se Debtors Only)
Once you have received notification that your account has been approved by the Trustee’s office, you may upload documents to the Trustee.
Note: You will need to have your 341 Documents already scanned and saved on your computer in a PDF format to complete these steps.
Login to bkdocs.us by visiting:
- Click Document Upload on the left menu.
- Step 1: Choose your Trustee. Select Jason Wilson-Aguilar.
- Step 2: Click Browse or Drag & Drop your File(s) to upload PDF(s) of your required documents.
- Step 3: Identify your file(s). Enter your 7-digit Chapter 13 case number which you received when you filed your petition. Do not enter the trailing 3-digit judge initials. Example: 21-12345.
- Your name should appear above the case number section if your case was found.
- For the document type, click the drop down and choose the appropriate type.
- If you are uploading identity verification documents for your 341 meeting of creditors, choose Debtor ID/SSN Verification 
- If you are uploading income tax return documents, choose Tax Returns 
Review and check the box once you accept the disclaimer and click Send Files.